In order to apply online at Walmart, you’ll need to first create a profile. The online profile includes a chance to upload a resume, though you are not required to have a resume to apply for Walmart jobs. Take your time. The profile is straight forward, but be sure you’ve set aside ten to fifteen minutes to complete the profile. Use the following Walmart Application to start your search.
When filling out your Walmart Application you will want to have your personal information ready, including your previous work experience, preferred work schedule, and at least two references. As part of your Walmart Application, you will also need to fill out a Retail Pre-Employment Assessment. The results of this assessment will help determine your eligibility for a position at Walmart.
Walmart Careers – Job Positions Available
If you are interested in joining the Walmart team, consider completing a Walmart Job Application Online for the following jobs. Store Management, Store Associate, Greeter, Cashier, Customer Service Representative, Truck Driver, Maintenance Associate, Housekeeping Associate, Money Centers Associate, Stock Associate, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacist, Optometrist, Electronics Sales Associate, Cart Retriever, Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Beauty Sales Associate, Automotive Sales Associate, Automotive Technician, Tire Sales Associate, Photo Sales Associate. When applying for a Walmart job online, you will have the opportunity to choose more than one position that interests you.
Getting a Job at Walmart
Walmart Job Opportunities
Walmart was founded by Sam Walton in 1962, with the opening of the first Walmart discount store in Rogers, Ark. The company incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., on Oct. 31, 1969. The company’s shares began trading on OTC markets in 1970 and were listed on the New York Stock Exchange two years later.
Today, WalMart Stores is an irresistible retail force that has yet to meet any immovable objects. Bigger than Europe’s Carrefour, Metro AG, and Tesco combined, it’s the world’s #1 retailer with more than 2.1 million employees. In the U.S. WalMart operates about 700 discount stores, 2,900 Supercenters that sell groceries and general merchandise, 610 Sam’s Club warehouses, and a growing number of smaller format stores. The company’s faster growing international division (26% of sales) numbers more than 4,500 locations; WalMart is the #1 retailer in Canada and Mexico and has operations in Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America.
Join the 2.1 million associates who help people save money and live better every day. A career at Walmart is more than a job. It’s a way to ignite your spark. If you are interested in joining the Walmart team, consider completing a Walmart Job Application Online.
Walmart Worker Benefits
Walmart benefits can vary based on position, but the following is an example of benefits available for Walmart Associates.
When you become a Walmart associate, you can take advantage of a variety of great benefits for you and your family, including:
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Consumer-directed health plans including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) plans and a High-deductible plan with an Health Savings Account (HSA). Plans include:
- No lifetime maximum
- 100% coverage for eligible preventive care when you use a network provider
- Coverage for dependents up to age 26
- No pre-existing condition limits for anyone under age 19
- 80% coverage for eligible network services after you meet your total annual deductible
- $4 co-pay on more than 2,000 eligible generic drugs
- Ask Mayo Clinic Nurse Line – speak to a registered nurse 24/7
- Life with Baby Maternity Program – your own personal support network before, during and after pregnancy
- Quit Tobacco program
- Dental Insurance
- Resources For Living® — confidential counseling and health information service free to all associates 24/7
- Company-paid life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Illness protection (sick time)
- Associate Eyewear Program
- Matching contributions to your 401(k) up to 6%
- Associate Stock Purchase Plan with a company match of 15% up to the first $1,800 purchased each Plan year
- Associate Discount Card for Walmart associates, spouses and dependents for 10% discount on regular priced general merchandise and fresh produce purchased at a Walmart store.
- Sam’s Club memberships for Sam’s Club associates
- Discounts travel, entertainment and more
- Retirement account rollover
- Military differential pay
- Paid time-off including: holidays, vacation, personal, bereavement and jury duty
Walmart Financial Statistics
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Industry: Discount, Variety Stores
Full Time Employees: 2,100,000
Revenue (ttm): $431.87 Billion